Very Short Story - The No Brainer

 A very silly dialogue only short piece written for a writing challenge to the prompt "No Brainer". I took my usual unconventional approach to this...;)

The No-Brainer

“Ummm…. Master?”

“Now, now, now, yes! The body parts are all stitched together – lovely backstitch by the way, Igor…”

“Thank you Master, but…”

“The lightning rod is in place – yeeesss! And a perfect storm is bubbling away, hahahaha! This is going to be magnificent!”

“Yes, Master but…”

 “The equipment is ready, I’ve got my goggles and my white overalls – all the stains came out beautifully, Igor, do commend the cleaner…”

  “Actually, I believe she’s the right buttock, Master. But…”

“Everything is ready! Soon the power will surge into it and my creation will rise, rise, RISE!!!!! Hahahahahaha…”

“But Master…”

“What is it, Igor? Can’t you see I’m being melodramatic?”

“Master, haven’t you… forgotten something?”

“No, I don’t think so… Monster, storm, lightning rod, goggles, overall, evil cackle… I think I’ve covered the full mad scientist gamut. What are you implying?”

 “Master, I think you may find that you have not yet acquired… the brain.”

“What? Wait, no I must have. What about that psychopath from the asylum we kidnapped?”

 “He ate his way out through the wall plaster and escaped, Master. I did leave you a post-it on the fridge.”

 “But what about the back up brain?”

 “The milkman drowned himself in semi-skimmed, Master. That’s why your coffee has been black for the past three days.”

 “But we must have a brain, we must! The storm, the lightning rod, everything’s ready! There must be someone else in the castle whose brain we can use…”

 “There’s no one here but you and me, Master….”

 “Just you and me?”

 “Yes, Master…”

 “Igor, my devoted servant, perhaps you wouldn’t mind, as a special favour…”

 No, Master.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Very Short Story - A Surfeit of Irony

The Uniqueness of a Book

On Being Ordinary